Eco 48 Real Time PCR System
Speed. Confidence. Value. Sensitivity. Performance
The PCRmax Eco 48 real time PCR system is a high specification, economically priced real time thermal cycler that accommodates a unique 48-well polypropylene PCR plate utilising the same geometry as standard 384-well plates, but only 1/8 of the size. This enables users to dramatically reduce the qPCR reagent volumes compared to traditional 96-well instruments, saving users precious sample, whilst still producing a strong fluorescence signal. Minimizing the plate size also significantly improves thermal uniformity. A minimum volume of 5µl is validated, resulting in a more efficient use of expensive and ‘hard to acquire‘ template DNA samples.
- MIQE compliant.
- HRM functionality is provided as standard and can discriminate class IV SNP 99.9% of the time.
- The Eco 48 can utilise four colours for easy multiplexing.
- Industry leading ±0.1ºC temperature uniformity (recorded at 95ºC no settle time).
- Suitable for both single labs and core facilities.
- High uniformity provides high quality data.
- Fast cycling enables several experiments per day, all at an economical price.
- Fastest block-based real-time PCR system with the ability to run 40 cycles in 20 minutes (or less when optimised).
- The PCRmax Eco 48 is an open platform that can utilise any chemistry, dye or PCR reagent.
- Calibrated for SYBR®, FAMTM, HEXTM, VICTM, ROXTM and Cy®5 fluorescent dyes.
- Easy to use software, streamlined for novices and experts.
- No need to run triplicates, to compensate for poor thermal uniformity of block.
- The Eco 48 format provides a small 34.5cm x 31cm (13.6” × 12.2”) footprint that fits anywhere
High Resolution Melt
Volume per well
|Validated for 5 to 20μl|
|35 to 100˚C|
Average ramp rate
|Proprietary hollow silver block, Peltier-based system with conductive fluid|
|48-well custom plates and optical adhesive seals|
|Dual LED excitation (452–486 nm and 542–582 nm). CCD camera 4 emission filters (505–545nm, 562–596nm, 604–644nm, 665–705nm)|
|SYBR®, FAMTM, HEXTM, ROXTM, Cy®5. Additional dyes within the wavelength range compatible with Eco 48 filters are supported with no additional calibration required for implementation|
Passive reference dyes
|Use of ROXTM is supported, but optional|
|Data collected in all four filters for all wells regardless of plate setup. Plate setup for data analysis can be altered after run completes. Melt curve analysis supports continuous data acquisition in a single filter to provide increased data point collection and reduced run times|
PCR cycle time (standard)
|40 cycles in less than 40 minutes|
PCR cycle time (FAST)
|40 cycles in less than 20 minutes|
|Plug and play design. Installed by experienced or novice scientists|
|Discriminates 5,000 and 10,000 template copies with 99% confidence|
|Multiple-license Eco 48 system software is included at no additional cost. All chemistries supported. Applications include Absolute Quantification, Relative Quantification, Allelic Discrimination, High Resolution Melt (HRM)|